The wife found this tasty recipe over on Oh She Glows. Since she was working late, however, I had to make it. Fortunately, I love potatoes … so it wasn’t a hard sell at all.
I’m blatantly stealing the image and recipe straight from Angela at Oh She Glows … so please go visit there and give that site some love. Without further ado, the recipe for our dinner tonight!
- 2 medium Russet (baking) potatoes, sliced into wedges
- 1 tbsp grapeseed oil or melted coconut oil
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Few pinches of chili powder
Black Bean Skillet Mixture
- 1/2 tbsp oil
- 1 cup chopped red onion
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 red sweet pepper, diced
- 1 (15-oz) can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 tsp ground cumin, or to taste
- 1 tsp chili powder
- Fine grain sea salt, to taste
- Tomatoes/salsa, cilantro, avocado, cashew cream, corn chips, green onion, etc
- Preheat oven to 425F. Wash potatoes but do not peel. Place onto a large baking sheet lined with parchment paper and toss potatoes with oil. Sprinkle generously with sea salt, pepper, and a few pinches of chili powder.
- Bake fries for 13-15 minutes at 425F. Flip and roast for another 15-20 minutes or until lightly charred on the bottoms.
- Meanwhile, heat a large skillet or wok over medium heat. Sauté the onion, garlic, and pepper in the oil for about 7-10 minutes or until the onion is translucent.
- Stir in the drained and rinsed black beans, cumin, chili powder, and salt to taste. Continue to sauté for another 5 minutes. Set aside until ready to use, reheating just before serving.
- Prepare your desired toppings.
- Reheat bean mixture as fries come out of the oven. When fries are ready, place onto a large serving plate or you can serve it directly on the warm pan. Spoon on warm bean mixture (I had a cup or so leftover), followed by toppings like avocado, cilantro, tomatoes or salsa, fresh lime juice, cashew sour cream, green onions, and/or corn chips. Serve immediately, warm. Store any leftover beans in the fridge for 1-3 days (they are great on wraps!).